Sprites for A La Kart


Just another little peek at the art I've commissioned for A La Kart. These sprites come from Fabio Fontes, whose pixel art you may recognize from Pixel Tactics. (Now on kickstarter!)

I usually do not recommend getting art too early in game development, but in my case it helps to keep my design direction clearer. In this case I'm reminding myself to keep true to the Mario Kart inspiration:
  • Approachable premise
  • Simple mechanisms with fast interactions
  • Variable terrain tactics
  • Frequent opportunity for little victories
 That's the goal! So far so good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

Troubleshooting: How to fix "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in InDesign Data Merge

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design